Meetings Star award acknowledging the best events organized in the New European region
In scope of The Meetings Star Awards – Kongres Magazine in collaboration with Conventa trade show, will on May 1, 2017 open the possibility to enter Conventa Best Event Award. The competition that was designed to celebrate the very best event experiences by honoring the inspiring meeting planners delivering nothing but excellence in the New European meetings industry will be held for the third year in the row.
Since 2009, the organizers of Conventa together with the editorial board of Kongres Magazine are selecting the best meeting destinations, hotels and convention centers. The Meetings Star Award is the oldest such recognition in the field of meetings industry that will in 2018 be granted for the 10th year in the row. For the third time, the winner of the best event will join the rest of the Meeting Star winners on Conventa Stage.
Events competing in 2017 for the award were:
26th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID 2016)
9-12 April 2016, RAI Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Jezeršek catering is celebrating 35 years
21 April 2016, LPP – City bus garage, Slovenia
Slovak Convention Bureau Meeting in the Sky
27 August 2016, above Bratislava
Kuwait dream wedding at Lake Bled
12 – 16 July 2016, Grand Hotel Toplice, Bled, Slovenia
Hello! Travel Pool Party
28 July 2016, Hotel BUdva Pool area
US Election Day
08 November 2016, Crowne Plaza Belgrade
20th Anniversary of Global IT Company
May 2016, Hvar Island, Croatia
LANDA DRUPA EVENTS 2016
30 May -11 June 2016, Düsseldorf Germany
Mercedes Benz Global Training Experience
9 February – 13 April 2016, Dubrovnik
Kopaonik Business Forum
7-10 March 2016, Kopaonik, MK Mountain Resort
Unusual Conference – One Smart Club
06-10 June 2016, Montenegro
Point.For you. / information point Ljubljana, European Green Capital 2016
01 January 2016 – 31 December 2016, Ljubljana, Mestni trg 1
Conventa Best Event Award 2016 went to:
The information point of Ljubljana – European Green Capital 2016 named Point. For You. has won the prestigious Conventa Best Event Award 2016 in the B2C communication category.
Projects that were implemented between 31 August 2015 and 30 September 2016 were eligible to participate, and the applicants were from seven European countries. Among the 12 projects that applied, the Point. For You. information point of Ljubljana – European Green Capital 2016 was awarded 140 points by the international committee, and the second-placed project trailed 8 points behind.
The happening in the Point. For You., which was positioned in front of the Town Hall in 2016, was characterised by a free full-year programme of Ljubljana – the European Green Capital 2016. The project, which aimed at different target groups, hosted over 600 events visited by almost 34,000 people. All the district communities of Ljubljana actively participated – each of them was an ambassador of the European Green Capital 2016 for three weeks, during which they organised many green activities and events in their area; over 220 in total. In addition to the district communities, many partners were involved in programme preparation; from public institutions and companies that work under the auspices of the City of Ljubljana, to schools and kindergartens and non-governmental organisations, individuals, and private companies. In total, over 300 stakeholders participated in the creation of the programme.
The judging criteria
The most important evaluation criteria will be innovation and creativity of the event. The expert jury will also focus on the following criteria:
• Innovation: innovative approaches used in the execution of the event
• Creativity: originality of the Idea
• Execution: best execution in terms of logistics, scene, lights, multimedia performance
• Result of event: assessing measurable results and ROI of the event
• Excellence of Communication: Presentation of the information about the event and interactive communication with participants
• Sustainable policies: the use of sustainable practices
Assessment will be a two-step process. The first step will be defining the short-list in all three categories, the second step will determine the winner. The award for the best event will be given to the entrant with the most points received by the jury.
The competition is intended for companies as well as institutions that have organized one of the following events:
- B2B events (events designed for the business community:Conferences, Incentives, Trade Shows, Teambuildings, Training)
- B2C events (Designed for end-customers such as Launch Events, Roadshows, Celebrations, Public Events)
- Integrated events (combination of different type of events for B2B and B2C )
Eligibility & Entry
How to submit your entry for the CONVENTA BEST EVENT AWARD 2017?
Organizers can submit their entries through the on-line form available here, from May 1 till December 19, 2017. Only on-line submissions will be considered for the award and processed.
Events eligible to compete are the ones that have taken place between 31 august 2016 and 30 September 2017. Entry deadline is 19 December 2017.
Entry is free of charge. All costs of the competition are covered by The Conventa trade show.
By participating in the competition the entrant gets:
- The possibility of receiving the prize and the title of Finalist Conventa Best Event Award, thereby increasing reputation in the meetings community
- Conventa VIP status that grants them free entry to Conventa (for 2 people from the same company)
- Whole page good practice case study presentation in the Kongres Magazine
- Free of charge publication of their good practice case study on the Conventa web site
- Promotion in scope of Conventa media partners (25 international media partners)
The grand award will be given to the entrant with the most points received by the jury.
The winner will be announced and awarded during Conventa trade show, held from 24 to 25 January 2018 in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Conventa Best Event Award 2015 went to:
TEDxLjubljana Saloon in the Air organized by TEDxLjubljana