A boutique trade show Conventa 2017 was held already 9th year in a row in Ljubljana and in all this years, it has become truly the best New Europe trade show for meetings, events and incentive travel. For 9 years in a row, every January the meetings industry starts the year at Conventa, so it became an IT event – something you just cannot miss if you are working in the industry.
This year, Conventa 2017 welcomed a record number of meeting providers and providers of technology solutions for the meetings industry – 149 exhibitors from 15 different New European countries presented their offer to 171 international meeting planners and around 100 regional and Slovenian meeting planners.
A SHORT OVERVIEW OF CONVENTA IN 9 YEARS:
– 2007 welcome of the first First ‘Simex’, predecessor of the Conventa show
– in 2008 the decision was made to expand the project across borders
– the first Conventa 2009 welcomed 82 exhibitors, 157 hosted buyers with over 3,000 One2One meetings
– Conventa 2010 welcomed 100 exhibitors and 266 hosted buyers, plus launched the Meeting Services spot
– Conventa 2011 had 23 % more exhibitors from 9 SEE countries, launched the Conventa Wild Card programme, hosted first IMEX-MPI-MCI Future Leaders Forum and wins Sustainable Stand Award at EIBTM
– Conventa 2012 had already 10 SEE destinations presented, launched the Conventa mobile site and hosted Meeting Star Awards for the first time and also Conventa TV – broadcasting live for the first time
– at Conventa 2013 Inside award was granted for the first time at Conventa and Conventa mingling was introduced
– Conventa 2014 hosted the largest number of international meeting planners in the history of the show (over 200)
– Conventa 2015 hosted a record number of hosted buyers (279) and presented the highest number of destination presented so far (15), introduced Conventa Valler
– Conventa 2016 presented Conventa Best Event award for the first time and presented record number of participants from New Europe